Sheet Pile Walls
[info]Where water quality does not meet the requirements of direct discharge it is stored and treated until it is either reached an acceptable level of discharge or until it is removed in a controlled an certifiable manner.[/info]
Ausipile will as part of our dewatering hire agreement arrange to store and treat if water does not meet the requirements to be able to directly discharge. Water will be stored and treated until it is either reached an acceptable level for discharge or until it is removed in a controlled an certifiable .
[info]A line of smaller vacuum points that provide a curtain barrier to water encountered on site during construction.[/info]
Ausipile as part of dewatering hire agreement will design a system of inline of smaller vacuum points that provide a curtain barrier to water encountered on site during construction.
[info]Water is drawn down through the use of larger wells positioned to lower the water level on site during construction.[/info]
Ausipile will design a system of larger deep wells positioned to allow the Water to be drawn down and lower the water level on site during construction. These will be used until dewatering has been completed. Ausipile will arrange the installation and removal of the system under a dewatering hire agreement. We will monitor results to make sure system is meeting the builders and government requirements.
[info]Combinations of techniques or composite profiles can provide the right economical solution, when geotechnical conditions and shoring requirements demand more complex solutions.[/info]
Ausiple can design the best way of delivering mixed pile walls that meet your requirements and budget.
[info]Ausipile will design a system that meets your requirements we can do up to 36 meters length of sheet pile walls in various grades of steel or polymer, depending on the application and use.[/info]
Providing stock or lead times allow, this is one of the easiest and quickest shoring systems available. The quality of sheet pile chosen is paramount to the quality and expectation of shoring requirement.
Advantages of Steel Sheet Pile Walls
The advantages of steel sheet piling construction are as follows.
- Steel sheeting provides resistance during installation stresses. The sheets must be driven into the ground and they have high resistance to the force of being driven down.
- It is extremely light weight and makes it easier to lift and handle.
- Steel sheeting is reusable and recyclable.
- There is a long life for it both above and under water. It only requires light protection to keep it maintained.
- The pile length is easily adaptable and can be welded or bolted to make it work.
- They have stronger joints that can withstand the force of being driven into place.
Disadvantages of Steel Sheet Pile Walls
The main disadvantages of steel sheet pile construction are listed below.
- The sections are rarely able to be used as part of a permanent structure. Permanent sheet piles will stay in the ground and act as a long-lasting retaining structure. Most are used as temporary structures and are used to provide safe access roads or paths for construction projects. They are removed once the project is completed.
- It is extremely difficult to install steel sheeting in soil that is rocky or has large boulders. Many times the sheeting cannot be installed to the required depth.
- Driving the sheets may cause neighbourhood disturbance. The vibrations from driving the sheets can make the close properties settle and cause problems.
© 2022 Ausipile