Your personal information is important to us
Ausipile is committed to protecting your privacy.
Ausipile manages personal information in line with the State and Federal privacy legislation, including the Australian Privacy Principles.
Key parts of the Act are:
- The Information Privacy Principles – from the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
- The Australian Privacy Principles – which are found in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012(Cth).
Your personal information is any information about an identifiable person (e.g. your name, address, phone number, email address, age, gender, workplace, or position title).
You can make a complaint if your privacy has been breached.
For a detailed list of the privacy rules we must follow, see Chapter 2 of the Act. A basic overview of your rights is below.
Collecting personal information
When we collect your personal information, we must:
- only ask you for as much information as we need for our purposes
- do so by legal and fair means
- tell you why we want to collect your information, what we will use it for, and, if we give it to anyone else, who they are
- not intrude more than we need to into your private life
How do we use your personal information?
- regulatory, contractual, insurance, governance and other legal obligations
- process payments
- respond to medical emergencies
- protect and enforce our legal rights and those of our employees and customers
Storing personal information
When storing your personal information, we must:
- keep it in a safe place and secure it from unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse
- make sure you can easily find out what personal information we have of yours, what it is being used for and how you can apply to see it
- in most cases, let you see it or correct it when you ask
Quality of personal information
Our aim is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. If any of the Personal Information you have provided to us changes or you find that any of the information is inaccurate, please provide us with the details so we can update our records.
What we cannot do with your personal information
We must not:
- use your information without first checking it is correct and up-to-date
- use or give out more of your information than we need to
- use your information for anything other purpose than we collect it for (unless required by law)
- share your information (unless required by law)
Some of the exceptions to sharing your personal information
- where you have expressly or impliedly agreed to the use/disclosure
- where the use/disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life, health, safety or welfare of an individual, or to public health, safety or welfare
- where the use/disclosure is required or authorised under law or necessary for law enforcement purposes
CCTV and other imaging
For security purposes, we have CCTV cameras at our premises and your image may be recorded. By entering our premises, you consent to us recording your image.
Our internet service provider or information technology staff may monitor email traffic for system trouble shooting and maintenance purposes only.
Access to personal information
If you would like to access any of your personal information that is held by Ausipile, please contact the Administration Manager.
This is subject to some exceptions allowed by law.
Exceptions to access of personal information
- acts or practices of Ausipile that are directly related to employee records of current or former employees
- Information about companies, individual partners or sole traders acting in a business capacity